Today is the birthday of Fred Rogers, better known to everyone who grew up watching him as Mr. Rogers. He would have been 82 today. To say he’s had a profound and positive influence on generations of children is an incredible understatement.
Today is also World Storytelling Day. Having these two celebrations on the same day is so fitting.
So tell your kids a great story, and go watch some archived episodes of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood on the PBS Kids web site.
Also, go read about the life of Fred Rogers on Wikipedia. Interesting factoid: His middle name is McFeely. I didn’t know that’s where Mr. McFeely’s character’s name came from.
Posts that hopefully are similar:
- Happy 105th Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
- Autism Shines – How We Decided to Respond to Newtown
- The $64,000 Question – Is He (Dare We Say It) Reading?
- Revisiting Milestones – Speech, Language, and Reading
- Happy World Autism Awareness Day!
- Big B, Little B, What Begins with B?
- Daddies, Mouses, Social Interaction, and a Dash of Zorro!